Monday, September 7, 2009

Blog Number One: William Golding

      The most interesting topic we elaborated about in humanities this week was William Golding's 3 grades of thinking. Golding's theory forced me think about what grade I would consider myself. I believe I'm not a grade 1 thinker because I am well-read and I condone racial ignorance. Yet, according to Golding grade 2 thinkers just look down on grade 1 thinkers.  I personally try not to look down on others no matter what the reasons are. But, he also explains how the brilliant Albert Einstein is a grade 3 thinker. That itself puts grade 3 thinkers at a whole different level. I don't think I am anywhere close to that. William Golding's grading system of knowledge in my opinion is too broad and generalized. Nine out of ten people in society aren't as ignorant as the lady who hates all germans. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Send Email